gnome-desktop

Jim Rosser jarosser06 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 04:09:00 UTC 2008

Im not sure i fully understand but from the looks of it you want to use the
online repos instead of the cd.  In order to do that you need to edit
/etc/apt/sources.list just comment the cd repos with # and uncomment the
other  repos that you do need.  Im sorry but off the top of my head i cannot
remeber whether they are already uncommented but if they are not just
uncomment the ones you need.  By the way in order to edit the source list
type the command "sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list"  you might look up the
basic vi commands if you dont already know them as it can be somewhat
tricky.

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 9:59 PM, Gunawan <jgun98.milis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Again I would like to learn.
> Though I have successfully install squid and shorewall
> sudo apt-get install squid
> sudo apt-get install shorewall
> both program install from the cd.
> I would like to know how to change the package so ubuntu will
> read.download
> package from internet.
>
> because if I run this command
> sudo apt-get install gnome-desktop
> it will say package not found.
>
> I have add
> http_proxy=http://myproxy:port
> ftp_proxy=ftp://myproxy:port<http://myproxy:portftp_proxy=ftp://myproxy:port>
>
> because myproxy require windows domain authentication I add my user
>
> http_proxy=http://DOMAIN\user:password@myproxy:port
> ftp_proxy=ftp://DOMAIN\user:password@myproxy:port<http://DOMAIN%5Cuser:password@myproxy:portftp_proxy=ftp://DOMAIN%5Cuser:password@myproxy:port>
>
> Can I install additional software for my ubuntu server from the internet?
> Regards,
> Gun

Jim Rosser
Winchester Designs