Ubu - need a visio reader

Owen Townend owen.townend at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 02:31:11 UTC 2008

On 3/5/08, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 03/04/2008 01:44 PM, Owen Townend wrote:
> > On 3/5/08, jack <tdldev at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >> Both efforts worked very well! The images were enough to be able to get
> >> eyes on these drawings. The import (thanks Owen!) were fine, but dia
> was
> >> not able to do anything more than make a mangled image with them. I'm
> >> guessing that dia still has a bit of work left to make the claim that
> it
> >> truly works. I'll try OOo on them as well, just to see if OO does
> >> something different.
> >>

> >> Jack
>

> > Hey,
> >   No worries, glad I could help.
> >   Perhaps there's a better file type to export to that may help...
> >   Otherwise you may have luck using the Visio2003 Viewer in wine.
> >

> Tried that last night -- the viewer requires IE/Internet Exploder of all
> things to view the file, that's why I ended up booting into windows.
> However, if you export the vsd as dxf he should be able to open in OOo
> Draw with no problem.

Hey,
  Saving to .dxf doesn't re-open correctly in Visio so I'm not really
suprised that he didn't seem to have any luck with OOo.
  Can anyone think of another way?

cheers,
Owen.

P.S.
Available Visio save-as formats
(typed from the drop-down box)

Drawing (*.vsd)
Stencil (*.vss)
Template (*.vst)
XML Drawing (*.vdx)
XML Stencil (*.vsx)
XML Template (*.vtx)
Visio 2002 Drawing (*.vsd)
Visio 2002 Stencil (*.vss)
Visio 2002 Template (*.vst)
Scalable Vector Graphics (*.vsg)
Scalable Vector Graphics - Compressed (*.svgz)
AutoCAD Drawing (*.dwg)
AutoCAD Interchange (*.dxf)
Web Page (*.htm; *.html)
Compressed Enhanced Metafile (*.emz)