cdrom0

Gerald Dachs ubuntu at dachsweb.de
Tue Mar 4 21:11:43 UTC 2008

Am Tue, 04 Mar 2008 13:11:08 -0700
schrieb Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com>:

>     For some reason this line in /etc/fstab is not working:
>
> UUID=7d8c37ed-b2ec-4008-a137-f24c6659c5ab none            swap
> sw              0       0
> /dev/hdb        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec 0       0
>
> I have a cd-rom that wants cdrom0 in /media and it doesn't exist now.
> It used to I recall.
>
> Will try sudo mount /media/cdrom and see what happens :-)

I don't believe you will have much luck, at least on my machine cdrom
is only a symlink to cdrom0. If cdrom0 doesn't exist, then cdrom points
to nowhere. Why did you delete cdrom0 and why don't you just create it
again? It is only an empty directory, a "mkdir /media/cdrom0; chmod 755
/media/cdrom0; ln -s /media/cdrom0 /media/cdrom" should fix the mess.

Gerald