Hamachi in Hardy

Paul Thompson ubantu001 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 21:00:56 UTC 2008

More information, I think I have found the culprit but do not know how
to fix. If you look at the syslog output (below) you will see that
ham0 is initiated but the NetworkManager kills it.

Mar  5 09:25:53 pjt NetworkManager: <info>  ham0: Device is
fully-supported using driver '(null)'.
Mar  5 09:25:53 pjt NetworkManager: <info>  nm_device_init(): waiting
for device's worker thread to start
Mar  5 09:25:53 pjt NetworkManager: <info>  nm_device_init(): device's
worker thread started, continuing.
Mar  5 09:25:53 pjt NetworkManager: <info>  Now managing wired
Ethernet (802.3) device 'ham0'.
Mar  5 09:25:53 pjt NetworkManager: <info>  Deactivating device ham0.

So how do I prevent NetworkManager from doing this?

Paul Thompson