Ubu - need a visio reader

jack tdldev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 18:45:32 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 09:54 -0800, NoOp wrote:
> On 03/03/2008 07:25 PM, Owen Townend wrote:
>

> > Hey,
> >   If you can't open it feel free to send it to me, same deal - off list and
> > confidential, but I have a more recent version available (Visio 2003)
> >
> > cheers,
> > Owen.
> >

> Your's most likely would have worked... mine didn't (too old). So I
> booted to windows, downloaded the visio 2003 viewer - brought up the
> file in IE (ugh!) and printed to a pdf & sent to Jack. Jack reported
> back that that did the trick.

Both efforts worked very well! The images were enough to be able to get
eyes on these drawings. The import (thanks Owen!) were fine, but dia was
not able to do anything more than make a mangled image with them. I'm
guessing that dia still has a bit of work left to make the claim that it
truly works. I'll try OOo on them as well, just to see if OO does
something different.

Jack