Altering Boot Loader for dual boot

Willis Taylor gods-servant at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 4 07:30:12 UTC 2008

Because a friend asked today for the same thing on his wife's computer I
tried the command on mine but it failed.  I added sudo and tried once
more.  The out put follows;

th1bill at workgroup:~$ sudo edit /boot/grub/menu.lst
[sudo] password for th1bill:
Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for th1bill:
Warning: unknown mime-type for "/boot/grub/menu.lst" -- using
"application/*"
Error: no "edit" mailcap rules found for type "application/*"

Can anyone tell me what went wrong?  I have XP onb mine but my choice
will remain Ubuntu but to help my friend I need this to work.  And
thanks in advance, You gents have managed to make a sold out Linux user
for life out of me.

--
Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor