sony vaio picturebook c1-vpk: WORKS

stan briggs stanbriggs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 21:13:36 UTC 2008

all,

thanks for the responses. the answer, though, is that every web site out
there, for some reason, just doesn't work.

hmmm, a bunch of web-sites that people claim to work, one guy following all
of those instructions, nothing works; sounds like the common component is
the guy.

well, i have no explanation for the above. their vaios look like mine, have
a lot of the same p/n components. but it just fails.

so, i downloaded the 6.06 alternate cd. it installs with no complaints.
x-windows works.

i don't know what the difference is between the alternate and non-alternate
but ... it works.

stan

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Wade Smart <wadesmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> > On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 10:36:36 -0600, Wade Smart <wadesmart at gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> noapci,

> >> 03022008 1032 GMT-6
> >>
> >> I remember reading maybe a year or two back that Sony does something to
> >> the hd so it makes it very difficult to install anything but windows
> and
> >> I myself have not seen a Sony with any version of linux installed.
> >
> > What could possibly be done that would keep Linux from installing?
> >
> > ...Ken
> >

> 03022008 1107 GMT-6
>
> http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/sony.html
>
> Well, maybe I was wrong. Look at this link.
>
> Wade

Stan B. Briggs
+1-919-414-9513
the oBoJ Foundation is the open source community coming together for the
benefit of society. our events and work are for the purpose of raising
awareness, raising funds, and performing activities for good causes.
participation is open to all who wish to support worthwhile public causes.
www.oBoJ.org