Which version of Ubuntu Linux?

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Mon Mar 3 02:21:14 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 19:40 -0600, Scott Berry wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> You should download the one for Pentiums the one at the very top should do
> the trick for you.
>
> Scott Berry
> Email: sberry at northlc.com

Ubuntu is available in 2 versions, in this discussion, for x86 processor
PC's !
See here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

1) The normal Desktop version !
2) Alternate version if the normal one may fail !!

How to find out ???

In the link given here above one finds a BIG green download button !
Below this button is an additional line: Check and read the given links
to find out more,
and of course, BEFORE downloading !!

It's too a personal flavour how one wants to install: GUI or text !?

It also depends on ones experience ...
... so it is very individual !

Good luck and cheers, svobi