Software for animated gifs?

Willis Taylor gods-servant at
Sun Mar 2 20:08:57 UTC 2008

I have installed Wine and Wine-Doors to use Serifs Photo plus, available
at to do my photo and animated gif work with.
 The basic program is free and for a $10.00 US upgrade they will allow
you to download the same version, Photo Plus v.8, that I am using.  The
software is a very user friendly version of Photo Shop that normally
sells for about 1/8 the cost so 10 bucks is a great price.

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 02/03/2008, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at> wrote:
>> What software for ubuntu can create an animated gif image? Also, is
>>  there any software that can play an animated gif frame by frame?
> In bad form, I reply to my own email. It appears that mplayer can play
> animated gifs one frame at a time. However, I still need software for
> creating them. Thanks.
> Dotan Cohen
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?