aftermath of an ubuntu installation

Donny George donny008 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 18:20:33 UTC 2008

i had read all the steps about ubuntu installation frmo ubuntu forums and
also referred to screencast videos before going for it. and i interpretted
that ubuntu live cd does the partition all by itself. so that we dont have
to use even the gnome partition editor.

so i used the live cd(choice 1 of the partition option) to do the partition
of my existing windows drive D(with data and not windows OS). as such i dont
beleive the drive has been completely formatted to ext3 as i had specified
that it shud use only the space that i gave to it manually.

and another reason to beleive that its not formatted is that i could see the
files with GET DATA BACK(retrieval software, though i cant open any of the
file). but after reading extensively now i get the impression that recovery
softwares could even retrieve data from formatted disks.

conclusion: i dont beleive my drive was formatted to ext3 but rather changed
to ext3

donny