After update Thunderbird crashs constantly

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Sat Mar 1 23:30:31 UTC 2008

Wade Smart said the following on 03/01/2008 06:00 PM:
> 03012008 1700 GMT-6
>
> Did anyone notice that after the Thunderbird update today that
> Thunderbird is now crashing constantly? Ok, crashing is not the word.
> When I send a email it just disappears - the entire app. When I check
> mail, move mail to any folder, try to add a new calendar event - it just
> goes away.
>
> Wade

I got the update here and have seen no such activity.
Sounds like something in your config got trashed.  Possibly prefs.js.
Could be the binary, too.  Completely remove with Synaptic and reinstall.
Try renaming your .mozilla-thunderbird directory to something else and
restarting tbird.  Create new account to test if it works.  If it does,
copy over the mail files and test again.  If that works copy over your
calendar file and test again.
HTH,
Alex

--
Ourwoods.org
 There is no problem a good miracle can't solve. -Shick's Law (100)