How to get VMWare server to access USB stick?

stan stanb at
Sat Mar 1 20:12:40 UTC 2008

I have VMWARE server installed, using the install from the "partner"
repository. Works great.

I have installed XP as a virtual machine. The VM can see the real CDRom
drive, but cannot seem to see the USB stick, even though Ubuntu can see it.

Is there a config file I need to tweak to accomplish this?