querry: root password!

Richard Rudnick rich at aphroneo.net
Sat Mar 1 04:31:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 19:33 -0800, andrea phillips wrote:

> I BOOTED THE COMPUTER WHEN IT STARTED IT HAD HEWLETT PACKARD THEN IT
> WENT TO THE NEXT PAGE I ONLY SAW GRUB SO WHAT DO I PUSH THEN F1 OR
> WHICH ONE CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME HAvent been on my computer for months
> have to return the one im using can you give me starting to ending on
> how to do this never had this problem before and thanks for your help
> Steve may god bless.

when you see grub, hit the escape key. You should then see some choices,
one of which is labeled recovery. Arrow down to that one, then hit
enter.

When it finishes loading, you should be able to type:

passwd andrea

(or whatever your user name was) , and then enter the new password.
After you do that, type exit, and you should then load the graphical
login screen.