Lenovo 3000 N200 problems

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 1 02:06:56 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:
> On 02/29/2008 03:28 PM, squareyes wrote:
>
>> My sincere apologies,
>>
>> fstab included in last email was from this machine,
>> not laptop, after much hair pulling (and a kitten going crazy and
>> running over keyboard)
>> getting confused. will turn it on and check it against this one.
>> Take Care
>> Winton
>>

> Glad I read that as I was about to ask just how you managed to stuff 2
> cdrom drives into that laptop :-)

Hi,
only the fstab file was incorrect, it's installed OK, just no cdrom access.
Recognizes flash drive etc.
below is what shows on laptop

squareyes at squareyes-laptop:~$ cd /media/
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media$ ls
cdrom cdrom0
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media$ cd cdrom0
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media/cdrom0$ ls
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media/cdrom0$ cd /media/
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media$ cd cdrom
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media/cdrom$ ls
squareyes at squareyes-laptop:/media/cdrom$

Why it shows cdrom and cdrom0 in  /media is a good question.

Fstab is as follows

#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/sda1       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/sda5       none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/hdb        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0

Shouldn't /dev/hdb  read /dev/sdb?

Looks better??  :-)

Take Care
Winton