Supported Sound Card

Frank Conti sparks40 at optonline.net
Mon Jun 30 14:17:02 UTC 2008

I've been trying to set up Skype on Ubuntu 8.04 for several weeks.
Unfortunately, my Sound Blaster Audigy SE (SB0570) worked fine on XP but
does not appear to have a fully functional driver (will not permit
recording) under LINUX. I also have an on-board nVidia MCP61 High
Definition Audio System that suffers from the same problem. Although
both cards alow me to play-back music CD's via. Rythmbox in Ubuntu
without any problem, using a microphone as an input device is not
supported for the SB Audigy!!!

My only solution is to find and acquire, a fully supported sound card
under Linux. Could any Ubuntu/Skype user please advise me of a suitable
sound card that they are actually using under Linux... thats all I need.

Thanks for your consideration.