sh not finding a file, even though the full path is given

Kim Briggs patiodragon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 13:47:55 UTC 2008

On 6/30/08, Axel Etzold <AEtzold at gmx.de> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>  unfortunately, installing 8.04 completely from scratch did not help either.
>  How can it happen that a file that's there cannot be found if its complete path
>  is given ?
>
>  Thank you for any help .
>

>  Best regards,
>
>  Axel

Hi Axel,

Might not help, but my experience with this event has usually been
because the user (or program) executing the script does not have
permission to read it.  So, it can happen.

P.S.  My email program shows conversations in threads.  I don't see
anything anywhere about a perl file.  Just one single line referenced
from a script.  Very cryptic.

cheers,
--
http://kimbriggs.com