Accessing Windows Shared Folders

Indika Rupasinghe rupasinghe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 17:15:07 UTC 2008

Hi All,
I m using Ubuntu Hardy with all recommended updates on my desktop and now I
m having problem with accessing windows shares on my network. Earlier with
7.10 when I accessing windows servers it asked for the user/pass and when I
given it I got access to entire hard disk. But now with 8.04 I have to give
the entire path even to access a windows a share folder.
When I browsing places -> Network , It shows the all available desktops and
when I  select one it will not list the shared folders on it although there
are folders sheared with full access permissions. But when I give the entire
path I can access it.
(like smb://x.x.x.x/folder_name). How could I solve this issue ?