twin boot Inspiron 1520

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Fri Jun 27 16:50:49 UTC 2008

On Friday 27 June 2008 02:59:48 am norman wrote:
> I am buying an Inspiron 1520 with Ubuntu 7.10 installed and I want to
> set it up with Win XP Pro and Ubuntu 8.04. I thought I would do this by
> first installing XP Pro, which I presume will remove the Ubuntu 7.10 and
> then to install Ubuntu 8.04 full version and not the upgrade.

I have never installed a windoze system on any machine I have owned but
friends of mine have installed it without harming their Linux desktop.

> Could some kind person please let me know if what I propose is the best
> way to set up the twin boot condition.

I would FIRST burn a copy of the ubuntu-dell-reinstall.iso which is on the
machine so you don't lose the extras Dell provides on their pre-installs.  I
would do the upgrade path for the same reason.  I perhaps use DVDs more than
the average user would, but I would not like to be without LinDVD!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org