installed ubuntu, now firefox does not work in windows

Clifford Haynes chaynes33 at embarqmail.com
Fri Jun 27 12:49:46 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Clifford Haynes wrote:
>
>> Richard Bourne wrote:
>>

>>> I reinstalled windows and am going to wait a while before i try and
>>> play with ubuntu

<Snip>

>> I am a noobee.  If someone has a better way, "lay it on me".
>>
>> Tnx
>>

>     Your method worked just fine. There are other ways those of us who
> "think" Linux would use. My approach would be to make a partition for
> windows. Load Windows and get it working as well as it can. Then load a
> LiveCD of Ubuntu and get it to load onto a new partition, not steal
> space from windows, and it will pick up windows in Grub and you can dual
> boot like you want.
>
> Karl

You have the key to a successful  install of Ubuntu and we agree.  The only difference is

that instead of a live CD, I ran it from a folder in M$ Windows.

M$ Windows & Ubuntu need to be run from their own exclusive partition.  M$ Windows by

default installs in drive C:\ .   Windows tends to make a mess of it's own partition which is

why defrag needs to be run on a regular basis.  Ubuntu needs to be run from it's own partition

to keep M$ Windows from screwing it up.   This is just my observation.

When I first came across Ubuntu "How to", it took me a while to figure it all out.

Cliff