GNOME Invest 2.22.2 Applet Problem **SOLVED**

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 26 02:11:55 UTC 2008

I wrote:
> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 07:57:01 -0500
> From: Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com>
> Subject: GNOME Invest 2.22.2 Applet Problem
> To: gnome-list at gnome.org
> Cc: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> Folks,
>
> I am posting this to both gnome-list and ubuntu-users. It most likely
> should be only the gnome-list...
>
> I recently moved my home directory from one partition to another; after
> some difficulty I was able to get it completed. As a part of the move my
> panel applets were not able to be included due to some technical
> difficulties. I have been able to get them all back the way I want them
> with the exception of the Invest 2.22.2 applet. When I added it, the
> only  thing that will appear is the applet icon on the panel and the
> pull down list(button 2). I was able to set some ticker symbols using
> the preferences pull down. They are present when I look at preferences
> again.  However, when I click(button 1) on the icon the only thing i get
> is a very small dot under the panel bar, no list of my stocks. How
> should I proceed...
>
> Thanks,
> Jay

Folks,

After reviewing the source and discovering that the applet could be
invoked in it's own window for debugging, I was able to determine that
the ticker symbols must be entered in UPPERCASE.  To do so, click button
2 just to the right of the applet area and a drop down window will
appear, click on preferences. A window will appear click Add and an
entry for GOOG will appear . Now click on GOOG and change the symbol,
next press enter. The new symbol you entered should be there. You may
also update the other items in the line (shares, amount, commission) in
the same manner. After you enter all the symbols and information you
want click close. (Note: you may also delete entries by clicking Remove)

Cheers,
Jay

--

Jay Ridgley