installed ubuntu, now firefox does not work in windows

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 25 17:15:29 UTC 2008

On 06/25/2008 06:18 AM, Richard Bourne wrote:
> Actually it was much worse, the installation overwrote part of my
> windows system and crashed it.  Ubuntu works fine now but my windows
> install is deader than dead.
> I tried repeatedly to get a new partition but it failed every time and
> just told me to start over.

Wubi isn't supposed to overwrite anything. My guess is that you
overwrote part of your windows system when you you trying to create
partitions (Wubui doesn't require any new partions either). Did you by
chance have a look at the links that I provided to you?

Please have a look through these:

http://wubi-installer.org/
 http://wubi-installer.org/faq.php
  http://wubi-installer.org/support.php

Your subject states "installed ubuntu, now firefox does not work in
windows", but above you state "but my windows install is deader than
dead". So here's the question: how are you checking to see if firefox
works in windows if your windows install is deader than dead?