installed ubuntu, now firefox does not work in windows

Clayton smaug42 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 08:01:57 UTC 2008

> I tried to prepare a new partition for ubuntu but that failed every time i tried
> so i went with the wubi installer and now firefox does not load
> properly in windows.  i guess i am going to uninstall ubuntu but is
> this really supposed to be ready for the market release?

I can't imagine how one is related to the other.  The Wibi installer
installs Ubuntu as an application... and should not affect the WIndows
version of Firefox at all.

Do you get any errors?  Just saying it doesn't start does not provide
enough information.  We need more info so we can help you sort this
out.

Are you using Firefox 3 (Windows)?  or Firefox 2?  When you try to
start Firefox (Windows) are there any error messages?  Or just it just
silently fail to start?  What do you mean by it does not load
properly?

What problems did you have with preparing a new partition for Ubuntu?
Did you ask here or the forums for assistance with preparing a
partition?  What failed?

Ubuntu works very well for millions of people... I would bet that your
problems an be sorted fairly quickly by the experts and long time
users here on the mailing list... so don't give up.. the problem is
often something simple that was overlooked :-)

C.