OCR Software

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 07:00:26 UTC 2008

I've been having lots of fun with gscan2pdf, using the tesseract ocr engine
and unpaper.  Using an HP commodity Office Jet, all in one, this combination
is awesome.  I have had up to 99% correct character reads on several pages
of clean text, and excellent recovery even from 15 year old, bleeding inkjet
copy.

Tesseract works well, anyway, esp. in combination with unpaper.  With the
guiding had of gscan2pdf, one gets great OCR results, and can save the
originals to pdfs.

Alan