grub boot menu

Mumia W. paduille.4062.mumia.w+nospam at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 24 15:24:15 UTC 2008

Anthony DiMarzo wrote:
> Hello:

Hello Anthony.

> Something strange. I was in ubuntu 8.0.5 and restarted to go
> into windows xp, but there was no option for windows, all other
> options we're there. This was the first time the windows option was
> not there. Please help. Thank You,

Install grub-doc, enter a terminal and read the Grub documentation by
invoking "info grub"; most probably, all you need to do is to add a
short boot-stanza to load Windows via the chainloading mechanism.

$ info grub boot os dos

Obviously, you would edit /boot/grub/menu.lst after you've acquired the
desired information.