Lets face Ubuntu 8.04

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Jun 23 20:35:54 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Qiuli Han wrote:
>

>> well....did not expect this turns into a windows bashing thread.....
>>

> It's _not_ a Windows bashing thread - if anyone's being bashed, it's the
> people who claim that Ubuntu isn't usable by (any) comparison with Windows.
> There can be any number of reasons why somebody would prefer to use one
> over the other, but I am thoroughly convinced that, by now, that's exactly
> what it is: preference.  In no way can Windows be described as "better".

    It depends I think on the person making the claim. If a person has
been using Windows exclusively for 10 years is asked if Windows is
better you get a sure! But ask me who have used Linux for the same
period I say, for me Linux is much better than Windows. I have both in
my home and my wife "who know all" is a dedicated Windows user. But all
Windows needs to do is get email from my children and play soltaire :-)
She wants me to get her a MAC. It will be a nice Christmas present.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User