iBook G4 12" 768MB RAM error: hda: task_in_intr: Re: iBook G4 12" 768MB RAM error: hda: task_in_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }

Chris Rees utisoft at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 23 17:06:45 UTC 2008

> Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:21:59 +0100
> From: James Tappin <sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: iBook G4 12" 768MB RAM error: hda: task_in_intr:
>        status=0x51 {   DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support,     not for general discussions"
>        <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 15:52:40 +1000
> Peter Garrett <peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> PG> On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:08:28 -0700
> PG> Brian Tillman <mailinglists at briantillman.com> wrote:
> PG>
> PG> > On Jun 21, 2008, at 9:41 PM, Peter Garrett wrote:
> PG>
> PG> [snip]
> PG> [snip]
> PG>
> PG> > I think you've hit the nail on the head
> PG>
> PG> Sadly, it looks like it... thanks for the confirmation...
>
> I think it should be possible to get the old disk out and replace it but
> it's unlikely to be easy -- I have done it on a G3 iBook, but without a
> detailed instruction set I suspect I'd either not have got it apart or
> had bits left over. One thing you need to check is whether there are
> clearance restrictions on the G4 iBook (the G3 won't take all laptop
> disks, only those strictly less than 1cm thick).
>
> --

Great, subjects monged again. Sorry for the double post.

--

Oh hell, are you in for a rough evening if you fancy taking apart your
G4 iBook. This little bugger is notoriously time consuming. Detailed

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/iBook-G4-12-Inch/Hard-Drive-Replacement/83/14/

or

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/iBook-G4-14-Inch/Hard-Drive-Replacement/84/15/

Good luck, I hope you manage it. It'll be worth it, think of the outcome :)

--
R< $&h ! > $- ! $+	$@ $2 < @ $1 .UUCP. > (sendmail.cf)