Web site design software? Open-source / free?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon Jun 23 17:01:10 UTC 2008

> Quanta Plus is hardly WYSIWYG.  More text plus preview.

I just installed it on Hardy, and although it's not perfect, it let's
you modify the web page directly from the rendered view. They call it
"VPL" editor, according to the tooltip that displays this view, whatever
VPL means ! ;-) Sure enough the rendering is nowhere near perfect, but
I guess it's a beginning, better than nothing ;-)

>  FWIW I
> think it is THE best web development tool.  Kompozer is No2.
> There is also Bluefish and Amaya, which ARE WYSIWYG.

If Quanta isn't WYSIWYG then I don't see how bluefish is ;-)... Bluefish
is a 100% plain HTML editor (which the OP said he doesn't want), not a
drop of WYSIWIG in there, never had so far as I can remember.

--
Vince, not mad enough to use VI so still wishing for a Linux port of
DW to happen some time... ;-)