problem moving a user's home directory to a new location

John DeCarlo johndecarlo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 13:56:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com>
wrote:

>  Folks,
>
> After doing the things Carl (THANKS!) suggested, I have discovered that it
> appears everything is fine EXCEPT the initial terminal window has /home/user
> as part of the prompt. Where is that coming from? I have been unable to find
> it... I can do a cd<enter> and that part of the prompt disappears. and pwd
> shows /home2/user.

Jay,

This is something you have probably already checked, but for completeness

When you last saved your desktop, it figured out all the programs you had
running to restart them the next time you log in.  This process also
remembers the directory you were last in for the terminal window.

So this may explain it.  If so, just do a 'cd' and turn on the option to
save your current configuration, then log off.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own