Old Windows Vista Stuff

Kim Briggs patiodragon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 02:15:07 UTC 2008

On 6/22/08, Steve Brettell <sbrettell at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I've tried fumbling around on my own, but can't figure it out.  I can find
> my old files when using Puppy, booted from a jumpdrive, but I can't find
> them in Ubuntu.  There are different terms and it seems different structure
> in the files management areas.
>
>  Can anyone tell me how to wend my way back into my hard drive and find old
> files created in Vista.  These were done with Open Office, so I guess they
> should be readable, and there were some jpg files that would be good to get
> back as well.
>
>  Thank you.
>
>  Steve B.
> --

Hi SB,

Is this a follow up email?  There seems to be some presumptions that
the reader knows that you have done certain things a certain way.  Are
you using a live CD, or did you use a "jumpdrive"?  What kind of
partitioning do you have on your disk(s)?  What did you do when using
"puppy" that doesn't work with Ubuntu?

In trying to answer your question, you could try opening up a terminal
in Ubuntu (Apps...Accessories) and type "man find" to find out the
options when using the find command.

cheers,
--
http://kimbriggs.com