problem moving a user's home directory to a new location

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 22 21:47:22 UTC 2008

Folks,

After doing the things Carl (THANKS!) suggested, I have discovered that
it appears everything is fine EXCEPT the initial terminal window has
/home/user as part of the prompt. Where is that coming from? I have been
unable to find it... I can do a cd<enter> and that part of the prompt
disappears. and pwd shows /home2/user.

If I pop up a new terminal (using the panel button) it points to the
proper place and does not have the  /home/user displayed.

I apologize that I am unable to include the discussion thread but it was
lost while I was in the process of switching things around.

I am going to continue using /home2/user as the home directory, since
that is where I want it to be and everything appears to be working with
the exception of the item noted above... weird...

I am not going to delete the old home directory until I know for sure
that things are fixed.

Cheers,
Jay

--