Firefox 3 and scroll wheel

Chris Rees utisoft at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 22 18:07:19 UTC 2008

"Mumia W." <paduille.4062.mumia.w+nospam at earthlink.net> wrote:

> stan wrote:
>> After upgrading to Firefox 3 I have observed some truly annoying behavior.
>> When I use the scroll wheel on the mouse to scroll up, if I scroll to far
>> the browser goes back to previous sites in history. I find this really
>> annoying. How can I turn this "feature" off?
>>

> That doesn't happen with me. I can only suggest you use auto-scrolling
> until you figure out the problem: "Preferences-> Advances-> Use
> autoscrolling."
>
> Auto-scrolling is activated through a middle-click on a web page.

This REALLY aggravated me when I had FreeBSD on this computer, and I
never found a solution. It occurred to me that maybe the wheel sent
another signal (perhaps like another button), but I also discovered
that it was only intermittent.

In the end, I stopped using Firefox, and I've been happy with
Seamonkey (the old Mozilla suite, and proper 'Free' software, unlike
FF) ever since.

--
R< $&h ! > $- ! $+	$@ $2 < @ $1 .UUCP. > (sendmail.cf)