Thunderbird/Lightning problem on Hardy

Chris Rees utisoft at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 21 19:17:54 UTC 2008

2008/6/21 Santiago Hernández Lemes <santi84 at gmail.com>:
> Whats the difference beetween remove and purge?
>
> Thanks!
>
> 2008/6/21 Chris Rees <utisoft at googlemail.com>:
>>
>> > Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 16:30:04 +0200
>> > From: Sam Przyswa <samp at arial-concept.com>
>>
>> >Yes, excuse me, the Lightning windows is displayed incomplete on the
>> >left side in Thunderbird and in the agenda windows the button doesn't
>> >work. I uninstalled and reinstalled it each time it's the same.
>>
>> Don't send HTML email. Ever. To anyone. Especially not to mailing lists.
>>
>> Try
>>
>> $ sudo aptitude purge thunderbird
>> $ sudo aptitude install thunderbird
>>
>> This will delete all of the configuration for Thunderbird, and might
>> fix your problem.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> --
>> One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
>> lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of
>> their C Programs. (Robert Firth)
>>
>> R< $&h ! > $- ! $+      $@ $2 < @ $1 .UUCP. > (sendmail.cf)
>>
>> --

> Santiago Hernández
> http://www.tulugar.com.uy
> http://www.twitter.com/santius

purge deletes all of the customizations to the package since first
installed, and allows for a completely clean install. However...
reading other posts on this subject kinda suggests this won't make any
difference :(

Not a solution, but have you tried Evolution? It's excellent, and has
many features not found in Thunderbird, like proper Exchange support
(if you really care).