Lets face Ubuntu 8.04

debian debiani386 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 18:41:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 19:34 +0100, Alan Milnes wrote:
> Qiuli Han wrote:
> > Hi gang,
> >
> > Lets face it, Ubuntu 8.04 LTS is not as great as its last LTS on the
> > desktop, which was 6.06. It is not even as great as 7.10!
>
> Let's face it - you're wrong!
>
> Seriously that's a stupid way to start a post.  I've kept my eye on
> Ubuntu for a while and 8.04 is the first one I've found to be ready for
> me to use. You have a different experience - that's fine just don't make
> sweeping statements.
>
> Alan

i agree...as i recall 6.06 had tons of glitches. I remember having to
update tons and tons of updates almost every other day. Its not like
that anymore with 8.04. 8.04 has fewer performance glitches (when used
in conjunction with the latest kernel) plus it runs way much faster then
6.06 did

however one thing i dont like about 8.04 is the fact that 8.04 takes
more ram then what 6.06 did.

--cj