Update problem

Jim Smith jim at oz.net
Fri Jun 20 00:20:01 UTC 2008

Has anyone seen this problem or one like it ? I ran the daily updates
and all went normally until it tried to install the update for Skype.
The update failed with the following message:

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/skype_2.0.0.72-1_i386.deb: trying to
overwrite `/usr/share/icons/skype.png', which is also in package
skype-common

I then used gksu thunar, went to the referenced directory and physically
deleted the icon .png file. Another attempt resulted in the same error
message. Other than using "add/remove" to uninstall Skype, then
re-install the new version I'm sort of stumped.

Thanks. All ideas considered.

Jim