Media Players - Hardy

Clayton smaug42 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 18:16:12 UTC 2008

> Can anyone recommend a good media player that work well with Hardy?
> Specifically, I am looking for a reliable music player. Right now, all the
> programs (Amarok, RhythmBox, Banshee) seem to work imperfectly on this
> platform. Amarok and banshee freeze all too frequently and RhythmBox often
> just simply doesn't play. It opens but pressing the play button has no
> effect. Is this potentially a problem not related to the media program? I
> know that Amarok isn't desgined for GNOME but I figured RhythmBox should
> work a little better. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you have other issues.  I use Amarok every day and it
works perfectly.  It shouldn't matter that "it isn't designed for
GNOME"... if you install the QT libs etc.. which you have already done
if you are using it... it will work fine in Gnome.... as should the
other players you've tried... Banshee... RhythmBox etc.  If you are
finding they are all locking up that is a signal that something else
is not right... I don't know what off the top of my head, but chances
are good that if all the players you've tried so far have been
freezing and refusing to work, that the next one you try will also
have problems.

C.