Anti Virus, now Anti Spy-ware

Alan Milnes deep64blue at itguru.org.uk
Wed Jun 18 21:08:22 UTC 2008

Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> if I email a script with that command in it and the instructions,
> "save this, open a terminal, type chmod +x <filename>, then sudo
> coolscript.sh! Sit back and wait about thirty seconds and reboot, and
> dude, you're computer will be SOOO COOL!", and some idiot actually ran it?

lol

The chances of getting an idiot who also knows how to save the script,
open a terminal, find where he saved the script and correctly run the
script are vanishingly small - most people savvy enough to do that
aren't idiots.

In Windows it's double click the attachment from within the message and
it's done - that's why Windows is a far easier target regardless of
popularity.

Alan