Cannot browse Windows 2k3 AD shares from Ubuntu 8.04

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 14:05:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Jeffrey D. Greenly <kd6hul at verizon.net> wrote:

> I have installed Ubuntu 8.04 on a Pentium 4 system connected to a Win
> 2k3 Server AD network. My laptop, running 7.10 connects and accesses the
> windows shares without any complications. However, on the 8.04 machine,
> I can access some computers but not the file server, and I cannot see
> shared files in any shared folder. I have reverted Samba and related
> files back to Gutsy, with no effect. I have tried editing smb.conf with
> no effect. I have installed nfs-common, kerberos, and samba. At this
> point, because network access is important for this computer, I am
> thinking seriously about installing 7.10. Does anyone have any other
> suggestions? My google-fu cannot seem to overcome this problem.

What, if any, modifications have you made to iptables and are you
absolutely certain that you have all of the relevant ports opened up
on both machines (I'm specifically looking at your 8.04 laptop as it
would appear that your 7.10 is working perfectly).

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0