Media Players

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Jun 18 11:45:41 UTC 2008

Michael "TheZorch" Haney wrote:
> Richard wrote:
>
>> Well, it been along weekend, and I must say my Ubuntu setup, got
>> beaten by a Windows Vista setup.
>>

> Snip
>
> That is admirable.  Does anyone here have one of those Dell systems with
> Ubuntu?  How good is the media player and DVD software they install on
> those rigs?

    Unless they get the necessary library offshore I think Dell would be
worried about the movie lawyers visiting. I really think they supply
Totem and it is broken just like it was on Hardy. Yesterday I went to
the offshore site and got the library and it works just fine. Why does
Ubuntu use Totem? VLC works so much better!

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User