expand /boot partition?

chris lostpkts at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 20:39:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 2:08 PM, chris <lostpkts at gmail.com> wrote:

> I booted a Ubuntu Live CD and can't even get grub to install on sda2.
>
> grub-install /dev/sda2
>
> says it can't find /boot.   Do I need to have it mounted?
>
> Currently I figured out how to mount my encrypted lvm2 partition so
> that I can copy my /home directory off.  Whew!

I was able to recover Ubuntu to boot and still keep windows happy.

Booted form live cd again.

# grub
grub> root (hd0,1)
grub> setup (hd0,1)
grub> quit

Then all was fine.  Whew.

Was happy to figure out though to mount the encrypted partition and
get my data off just in case. (Thanks in large part to Google. )

But now my /boot is 150M so I'm not going to have to worry about space
on future kernel updates.

Thanks again for help