RESTORE PUZZLE

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 19:51:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Michael Falkenburg
<mandcfalk at verizon.net> wrote:
[...]
> Actually, when a disk is mounted (in this case the last of the set) I see a
> folder, an  .nbi file with the same name, and two different .txt files - one
> is NB and the other is ReadMe.  According to the ReadMe, the .nbi file
> (which is only on the last disk) is what is needed to do the restore since
> it is backup info.

Hmm - seems like .nco files might just be 7-Zip files.  Copy one to
your desktop, open a terminal, and type 'cd Desktop', then 'unzip
<name_of_your_file>'.  If that works, you can probably unzip them all
with a small bash script:

!!!!WARNING - UNTESTED!!!!

for i in $(find -iname  *.nco);do; unzip $i -d </path/to/an/empty/folder/>;done

But if the unzip command fails, you can try this command: file
<name_of_your_file>
That should tell you what type of archive format nero used...

HTH,
Chris