Names of Windows partitions

Graham Watkins shellycat.gw at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 17 18:12:58 UTC 2008

Rick wrote:
> Using 8.04.
>
> I want to mount the Windows partitions for startup. For this I need the
> Linux names of the partitions. I know they appeared during installation,
> but I've spent a lot of time looking now, and I can't find the names.
> They should be something like hda1, but what application reveals them?
>

> Rick

 sudo cat /etc/fstab from the command line will give the partition
information. If you are using Ubuntu you'll probably find that they're
likely to begin with sd..

--
Graham Watkins

"To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up your Windows
box, you just need to work on it."
SecurityFocus columnist Scott Granneman.