expand /boot partition?

chris lostpkts at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 14:18:57 UTC 2008

I have Hardy 32 bit installed on my laptop.   Along with Vista that
came with it.

I have it setup as the following.

/dev/sda1 - Vista (~50G) (ntfs)
/dev/sda2 - /boot (~50M) (ext3)
/dev/sda3 - physical for lvm that is encrypted.   This is split for /
and swap.  (~100G total) (ext3 when mounted)

I'd like to rob some space from Vista to expand /boot to like 100M or
even 150M.   Right now, when I get a new kernel in updates, it will
install but fills /boot so that I can't then purge the old kernel to
free up space which is what I ran into previously with a post a couple
weeks ago.

Is it possible to do this?  Any pointers on how to go about doing
this?   I'm not wanting to brick my install and have to reinstall.

TIA
Chris