tomcat 5.5

Tue Jun 17 13:33:11 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Excuse me.  I was just going to let this pass, but it's _not_ preference, it
> _is_ fact.  Tomcat is usable after "sudo aptitude install tomcat5.5" - how
> can downloading from the tarball be simpler than that.
It depends, surely, on what you intend to do with it once you've
untarred or apt-getted it? Configuration, in a lot of people's minds, is
a decent sized chunk of installation.

PHP is usable after I apt-get it. Apt-getting an installation is also
easier than building (quicker, at least).
But I prefer to build it because it makes it easier for me to make it do
what I want it to do.

--
Avi Greenbury