Overheating Laptop

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Jun 17 12:30:07 UTC 2008

Xandros Pilosa wrote:

> Derek Broughton wrote:
>> *snip
>> acpi-support provides a config option to do the same with any
>> user-specified module, but now I'm using pm-utils and I can't figure out
>> where to do the same thing.
>>
> Hello Derek and others,
>
> you can look in /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d location and check existing
> scripts, e.g. hooks in pm-utils terminology, or you could put your own
> script - hook in that location. Just for info:  on resume those hooks
> are executed in reverse order -> 00sriptname is the last.
> Feedback is in /var/log/pm-suspend.log.

Right, thanks, I knew I'd found it once.

<rant>
Why have we changed from acpi-support to pm-utils without fixing the
locations of these files????
</rant>

It's actually the /usr/lib/pm-utils/defaults file that I want - which
_should_ by Ubuntu/Debian convention be in /etc/default/pm-utils, and the
rest of the files should be in /etc/pm-utils.  I've just symlinked it there
so that next time I need it, I can find it...  Now, I suppose I'd better
get to launchpad and look for or submit a bug report.
--
derek