Antivirus

Graham Watkins shellycat.gw at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 17 06:21:39 UTC 2008

Andrea Monaco wrote:
> Can you suggest me a good Ubuntu antivirus?

> Windows Live Messenger Non frenare la tua voglia di comunicare, prova
> Messenger! <http://www.messenger.it>
Clamav, with Avscan for a front-end works for me. Many argue that
anti-virus software is unecessary for pure linux systems because all
viruses (virii?) are written for Windows and they might be right.
However, this may not be true forever and I think it's best not to be
too complacent.

Cheers,

--
Graham Watkins

"To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up your Windows
box, you just need to work on it."
SecurityFocus columnist Scott Granneman.