Ham Radio

Larry Shields larryesu at charter.net
Tue Jun 17 00:50:12 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
>     I am sure happy that Ubuntu has all the Ham Radio software available
> and working. I got fldigi and xlog but they both have to be started from
> a terminal. Ham radio is like that...
>
>     Anyhow I wrote a file which I put in /karl/bin/ so when I write in a
> terminal psk the fldigi and xlog both come up and run. Very cool.
>
> Karl

*Hello Karl,

I just wanted to mention to you that you do not need to run FLDIGI &
XLOG, using a terminal to start either one up...

All of my Ham Radio programs are located under > Applications>
Debian>Applications>Amateur Radio...
QSSTV
FLDIGI
XLOG
TWCLOCK
XASTIR
XDX
AXLISTEN
GMFSK

If you do not have the Debian menu showing in your Applications, then
you need to add it, this maybe why you think that you need to run these
programs via a terminal...Not true...

Good luck...

Larry
*