installing dvtm

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at list-post.mks-mail.de
Mon Jun 16 12:08:46 UTC 2008

'2+ wrote:
> found
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/dvtm
> so i thought i can install on my hardy
> but
> aptitude install dvtm
> nor
> aptitude install intrepid
> as root
> blames me that there ain't that kinda package ready
> what am i doing wrong?

You're too impatient ;-)
The above link shows that the dvtm is available for the upcoming Ubuntu
version 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) which is due to be released in October.
A search for dvtm on packages.ubuntu.com seems to indicate that there is
no package available for current Ubuntu versions. So, among your options are
a) Wait till Intrepid is released,
b) hope and wait that dvtm will be backported to Hardy eventually,
or, if you're adventurous and know what you're doing,
c) download the Intrepid .deb and install it manually (it seems the
dependencies of the package should be met by Hardy).

Regards
  mks