Bootin 4 OS'es?

Checkman CheckBox at mail.ru
Sat Jun 14 15:34:41 UTC 2008

Hello stan,

Friday, June 13, 2008, 6:49:00 PM, you wrote:

s> I'd like to set my laptop up to boot 4 different OS'es. Those would be
s> Ubuntu, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, and XP. Can anyone suggest a way to do this?

There is a chance you destroy all the data on your hdd when
partitioning the disk during installation next OS...

So I would suggest you to use emulators to install as many OSes as you like.
Emulators create virtual PC hardware using software.
You may install XP as host OS (an OS that runs directly on hardware).
Then install emulators on top of it: MS Virtual PC (freeware) and
VMWare (commercial). The first one is an emulator, the second one is a
"virtualizator" (it's faster, but less compatible with OSes inside of
it).
Afterwards you are free to try any (almost) OSes you like as guest ones
(inside of emulators). And you may run all your favourite
OSes simultaneously that is not possible in multiboot configuration.

P. S. VMWare runs on XP and Linux.

--
Best regards,
 Checkman                            mailto:CheckBox at mail.ru