Booting Linux Help! Help!

Email Message sh_offshore at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 13 18:09:59 UTC 2008

I have burned Ubuntu onto a CD which I loaded onto a blank reformatted HDD but now when I try to boot from the HDD and while still in the "black Screen" mode it comes up with the message that the NDLR is missing. What is this and why will it not boot? What can I do?

Another question: Every time I go into my emails I receive 50 or more message from Ubuntu Users with other problems which are of no interest to me. I then have to spend hours deleting these messages. Is there any way around this so that I only receive replies to my queries?

Thanks for any help from Stan