Technical information about EduBuntu

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 13:00:52 UTC 2008

PEROTIN Killian wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to find information about EduBuntu. The classroom server pour school.
> We want in our society to use that system but I wanted to know if it's possible to use it with virtual private network (VPN). We can use it with Terminal server system and VPN.

One of the nicest ways to work remotely is with the NX client that you
can download from http://www.nomachine.com and freenx on the server.
The client works cross-platform, is easy to install, and gives an X
desktop that uses less bandwidth and has much better performance than
normal remote X.  The connection can run over ssh so it can be used with
or without a vpn.

If you meant that you want to boot thin clients over the vpn, that is
probably possible but network latency or low bandwidth will kill the
performance.  The NX client will give you what looks like the same
desktop on a remote windows, mac, or linux box that you've booted some
other way.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com